With the Holidays quickly approaching, there are quite a few events coming up for me. This is always an exciting time of year and I always look forward to this festive season. But until those Holidays do come around I have a few things I’m looking forward to at this very moment.Â Check out my current five favorites:
- Caribbean street food in Barbados : This year, I’m participating in the Barbados Food & Wine and Rum Festival this coming weekend. One of my favorite parts of traveling is escaping from the regular tourist parts and hitting up the popular local spots. I love the exotic flavors of Caribbean food and this will be a great chance for me to check out their alluring street food!
- The Bearden Project Exhibit at the Studio Museum : Currently, the Studio Museum in Harlem is hosting The Bearden Project Exhibit from November 10th- March 11thÂ andÂ I can’t wait to stop by and check it out. In tribute to Romare Bearden who was a celebrated artist and instrumental in founding the Studio Museum in Harlem, the Museum is hosting this exhibit of a collection of artists who have also been influenced by Romare. It should be quite a collection so be sure to check it out if you’re in Harlem.
- Anthony Hamilton playing at the Apollo : On Friday, December 9th, Grammy award winning singer and songwriter Anthony Hamilton will be performing at the Apollo Theater. I’m a fan of Anthony Hamilton, and if you haven’t seen him live, you should definitely check it out! Tickets are still available so don’t miss out.
- The Red Rooster art tour and cooking class with Harlem’s Children’s Storefront : I’m so excited to welcome a class from the Harlem Children’s Storefront in a couple of weeks as we host a special art tour for the kids of Philip Maysles’ current collection at Red Rooster. Following the tour, I will also be conducting a short cooking class for the students and teach them the importance of healthy eating. I love working with kids and this will be a great opportunity for us to expose the kids to the art of Red Rooster and some of our cuisine.
- The UNICEF Snowflake Ball : As a UNICEF ambassador, I always look forward to their Annual Snowflake Ball which helps to raise money for the continued work in providing hope for the children around the world that are helped everyday by UNICEF. This year’s ball is right around the corner on November 29th, and I was honored to help design the menu for the event. Check out UNICEF and their Tap Project that I’m currently involved in.
What are you looking forward to now?
For more updates on my events, follow me on Twitter (@MarcusCooks)