Get Fit For Summer
If you’re trying to Get Fit For Summer then you might worry about having dessert, which can sometimes means overindulging. Thankfully there’s no reason you should forgot something sweet. With healthy alternatives, you can still enjoy dessert without any guilt. Try any of these four healthy dessert recipes to please your sweet tooth. Choose yogurt over ice cream and fruit, whether it’s baked or just on its own. Here are four healthy dessert recipes to get you started.Â
* Granola and Fruit Parfait: Yogurt is one of the greatest snacks because it is so versatile. As a snack, you can eat it by itself or load it up with granola and berries but it can also be a great dessert option. Combine a delicious fruit salad packed with kiwis, apricots, and more, and top it off with a spoonful of granola.
* Dessert Crostini: Ricotta cheese is another great source of healthy yet sweet eating. Spread a tablespoon of ricotta on a slice of brioche or whole grain toast and drizzle with honey. Top this with halved, pitted cherries and toasted coconut flakes or almonds for an easy dessert option.
* Baked Apples: Baked apples are a perfect healthy treat to serve no matter what the season. Stuff the apple cores with brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon and bake until tender. Serve with a dollop of yogurt for a creamy garnish.
* Strawberry Granita: Try this refreshing summer time treat for a healthy end to your meal. Just puree strawberries in a blender with sugar syrup and lemon juice and press through a mesh sieve to discard any seeds. Freeze for 2-3 hours and presto, you have a healthy yet tasty dessert!
* Homemade Popsicles: Feature your favorite fruit juices in a homemade popsicle for a fresh and healthy dessert. Try a delicious Chocolate-Dipped Coconut-Banana Ice Pops Recipe or go simple with pureed berries, a little sugar, and water.
What’s your favorite healthy dessert?
Photo:Â Pen Waggener on flickr