These last few days have been uber busy – it’s always gets like this as summer winds down. It can be hard, even for me, to find a way to eat good food on a weeknight without resorting to going out or ordering in. My recipe for Garlic-Glazed Trout with Apple-Potato Salad is a super simple, super elegant meal you can make any night of Â the week. A great way to impress your loved ones on a Wednesday, when they least expect it!
Garlic-Glazed Trout with Apple-Potato Salad Recipe
1. To make the garlic glaze, whisk together the Roasted Garlic, miso, 2 tablespoon of the olive oil, honey and lime juice in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Season the trout with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large cast iron pan or heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the trout, skin side down, and cook for 4 minutes. Turn and brush the skin side with the garlic glaze and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
3. To serve, brush the trout on both sides with the remaining glaze. Place skin side up on a serving platter and serve with Potato-Apple Salad.
Potato-Apple Salad Recipe
4 to 6 servings
1/4 cup canola oil, plus 1 tablespoon
4 Yukon gold potatoes, washed and cut into 1/2-inchpieces
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon curry powder
2 tablespoons chopped skinless almonds
2 Granny Smith apples, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons drained, rinsed capers
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
Freshly ground pepper
1. Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes and saute until golden and tender, about 10 minutes, then add the onion, curry powder and almonds and saute until the onion is translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon more oil and the apples and saute until softened, another 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and add the lemon juice and capers and toss well. Set aside to cool.
2. Mix the mayonnaise and sour cream together; add to the apple-potato mixture, tossing to coat. Garnish with the parsley, chives and season with salt and pepper.
Roasted Garlic Recipe
1 head of garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 thyme sprigs
Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2. Cut the top off the garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Place on a sheet of aluminum foil and put the thyme sprigs on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap the foil around the garlic and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool, then squeeze the softened pulp from the cloves.