Refreshing snacks are all the rage as soon as summer rolls in. The season’s hot weather encourages tasty appetizers that won’t overwhelm or heat up your palette. Tomatoes are perfect as they’re juicy and great to snack on while goat cheese is great in salads as well as breakfast burritos. Pairing the two is a match made in heaven!
Whether you grow your own or buy from your local farmer’s market, tomatoes should be a mainstay for some quick and easy summer appetizers. These herbed goat cheese stuffed tomatoes are a great start for your next 5-minute appetizer feat for dinner parties or even just for your next outdoor picnic. If that’s not enough incentive to get cracking, then the fact that they are both delicious and healthy should!
Herbed Goat Cheese-Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
|Servings:||Makes 8 pieces|
- 4 Roma tomatoes, or smaller varieties if you prefer more of a finger food
- 8 oz herbed goat cheese, or plain goat cheese infused with your own garlic, thyme, and oregano mix
1. Slice the tomatoes in halve and scoop out the insides for hollowed out tomatoes.
2. Spoon in the herbed goat cheese into each half.
3. Serve either chilled or at room temperature for your desired taste. Either way they'll be scooped up in no time!