There’s nothing easier then heading off to the Harlem Farmers Market, picking up a batch of peaches and heading home to make the most easiest, delicious dessert you will probably ever have this summer. Peaches in Prosecco is not only a perfect dessert to make if you want to make a quick dessert the night before your dinner party or if you only have a few ingredients to work with. Summer is the perfect time to have a juicy peach and what better way to add a little sweet wine to the mix to create a flawless dish.
If you find that your peaches are a little difficult to peel, we recommend placing them in boiling water then throwing them into a bath of cold ice, the peeling process will be so much easier.
For other delicious peach recipes, click here.
Adapted from Food & Wine’s Best of the Best Cookbook Recipes
5 Minute Dessert: Peaches in Prosecco Recipe
- 6 peaches(about 3 pounds), peeled and sliced into wedges
- one 375-ml bottle Prosecco, or other sparkling wine
- 1/2 cup sugar
1. In a large shallow dish, combine the peaches with the wine and sugar and toss to coat.
2. Cover and refrigerate until well-chilled, about 5 hours to overnight to develop a sweet syrup.
3. Transfer the peaches and wine to a bowl and serve with whipped cream and shortbread cookies.