One of my more satisfying morning rituals is baking a loaf of some kind of quick bread. I love bread, and I love to make it, but sometimes the labor and wait time involved in making real yeast bread requires too much patience and too many steps. This is one that I found when searching for things I could make with fresh almond butter. It’s a great way to get a healthy (gluten-free) bread fix in a matter of 40 minutes.
Photos: Madeleine Ignon
For more of Madeleine’s great recipes, follow me on Twitter (@MarcusCooks)
Almond Butter Date Bread Recipe
|Calories:||183 per serving|
|Prep Time:||20 mins|
|Cook Time:||30 mins|
|Total Time:||50 mins|
- 1 cup plain almond butter, preferably fresh
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- Dash of salt
- Slivered almonds for dusting the top of the loaf (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the almond butter and the eggs until they are well incorporated. Then add the baking soda, salt, and finally the dates and cinnamon.
2. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour in the mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
3. Enjoy hot with a bit of butter or cream cheese!