I love coming up with different salad recipes. Especially beautiful ones! There’s something incredibly chic about a simple salad using fresh ingredients. Here’s a salad that looks just as amazing as it tastes. This gorgeous salad is actually very, very simple to make. If you can’t find watermelon radishes you can substitute regular radishes instead.
I used one of my favorite dressings from one of my favorite books, Raw Food Real World. I adapted their avocado based recipe and made it oil-free.
*For more healthy living tips and recipes, subscribe to Linda’s blog, follow her on Twitter, or LOVE her on Facebook, or if you are interested in getting started on your own weight loss journey, shoot her an email!
- 1 small avocado
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon or lime juice (or a combination of both would also be lovely!)
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1 green onion, use the white portion and 1 inch of the green
- 1 small shallot
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, to taste
- tiny squirt of liquid stevia
- fresh ground cracked pepper
Put all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
To construct the salad, simply use your favorite salad greens or a mixture of greens and top with macadamia nuts, avocado dressing, and watermelon radishes sliced thinly with a mandolin.