Bacon-Lingonberry Gougeres Recipe
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cooked and chopped bacon
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons lingonberry jam
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine the sifted flour, curry powder, and salt.
3. Place the butter and one cup of water in a medium saucepan, and bring to a simmer. Once the butter melts, remove the saucepan from the heat, then add the all of the flour-curry powder mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon.
4. Return the saucepan to the stovetop on medium heat for about one minute, stirring continuously until the dough stops sticking to the pot.
5. Transfer the dough to a food processor and turn it on. Add 4 of the eggs to the dough, one a time and adding only once each egg has been completely incorporated.
6. Add the bacon, cheddar, and lingonberry jam, and pulse to blend.
7. Line on large baking sheet with parchment. Drop the dough onto the baking sheet in 1-inch mounds, leaving 2 inches of space in between them. Beat the remaining egg and brush on the tops of the dough mounds.
8. Bake until the pastries are puffed and lightly browned, about 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake until well browned, about 10 more minutes. Shut the oven off and open the oven door a few inches. Leave the gougeres in the oven for another 15 minutes before removing them. Serve immediately.