On Saturday, I had a BBQ to go to and nothing to bring. I had a bunch of bananas, a few ripe peaches, yogurt, and what I had in my cupboard. Thus, was born this easy but delicious parfait. As long as the ingredients are good, you can’t go wrong!
- 3-4 bananas, sliced
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 3 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup non-fat tart frozen yogurt
- 4-5 graham crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp peanut butter, melted
- approx. 3 tbsp dark chocolate, melted
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
1. Pick your bowl or dish and layer your way up to the top. Start with the cup of frozen yogurt, as it acts as a nice base. I used a kind from Trader Joe's, microwaving it a little in the bottom of the bowl to get it to spread out evenly.
2. Then, layer the ingredients on top of the frozen yogurt: banana slices, peach slices, brown sugar, yogurt, graham cracker crumbs, repeating until you reach the top of the bowl.
3. Then top it off with the walnuts, oats, drizzled chocolate, peanut butter, and cinnamon. Chill for about an hour, finish with a dollop of yogurt or whipped cream, and serve!