BBQ is something we can’t get enough of in the summer. This short rib recipe can be used as a great Spanish-style tapa or as a main feature at your BBQ. The bit of Tabasco sauce add a kick to the sweet BBQ glaze while the plum sauce and ginger add an Asian flair to the ribs. The small size of the ribs make them easy to carry if you want to set up your portable grill at the beach or park.
Adapted from Spain-Recipes.com
- 8 short ribs(6 oz each), about 3 lbs
- 6 tbsp sweet oloroso sherry
- 1 tbsp tomato puree (paste)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- 1/4 tsp freshly zested ginger
- 1 tbsp plum sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp seasoned plain (all-purpose) flour
- Coarse Sea Salt
1. Mix the sherry, tomato puree, soy sauce, plum sauce, ginger, Tabasco, and sugar in a bowl. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
2. Put the seasoned flour in a strong plastic bag, then add the ribs and toss to coat.
3. Dip each rib in the sauce. Cook on a hot barbecue or under a hot grill (broiler) for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked and a little charred.
4. Sprinkle with salt and serve.