This dish is made with buckwheat honey, which some call the Guinness of honey. It has a bold, rich taste that perfectly offsets the salmon. The fish in this dish can also be replaced with another similarly fatty fish.
Bee Raw’s Zeke Freeman’s Miso Glazed Salmon with Buckwheat Honey
- Vegetable oil
- 4 salmon filets, 8-10 oz.
- 1/3 cup white miso
- 2 tablespoons Bee Raw Buckwheat Honey
- 1/4 cup beer
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- Kosher salt
- 4 finely sliced scallions
1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil; brush lightly with vegetable oil.
2. Whisk miso, honey, beer, ginger and sesame oil in a small bowl to blend.
3. Place salmon fillets in bowl with miso mixture.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate at room temperature for at least 15 minutes, or refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
5. Position an oven rack 6"–8" from broiler and preheat.
6. Broil salmon, turning once, until golden brown and just opaque in center, 10–12 minutes total.
7. Transfer salmon steaks to plates and serve with scallions.