I can’t seem to control myself around strawberries these days. I buy flat after flat with the intention of DOING something with them, but they just look so juicy and sweet and perfect that I end up eating them, straight from the carton, unabashedly “as is”.
That is, until I made these tacos. And now I can’t think of doing anything else with them! They are the perfect mix of sweet spicy savory and allow you to still appreciate the beautiful flavor of in-season berries, just in a new (and equally delicious) light.
Joanne Bruno is a food writer and fourth year MD/PhD student. Find more of delicious ramblings over at her blog: Eats Well with Others
For more Meatless Monday recipes from Joanne:
Black Bean Feta Tacos with Strawberry Salsa Recipe
|Calories:||230 per serving|
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1 or 2 small hot chili peppers
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- salt and black pepper , to taste
- 2 (14-oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 12 corn tortillas
1. Toss the chopped fruit with the chile(s), basil, and a little salt and pepper. Refrigerate if desired.
2. Wrap the corn tortillas, three at a time, in a paper towel. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Top each tortilla with black beans, fruit salsa, and feta cheese.