This is the kind of recipe that is perfect for when you want a light summer dish. By using leftover roasted chicken, you’ll cut your work in half and stay even cooler since you won’t have to cook with any heat. Just take some cool chicken breasts, shred them by hand, and follow this simple recipe to make a cool and refreshing chicken salad. Also, this recipe can be covered and refrigerated overnight, so you can even have leftovers from your leftovers.
Adapted from The Cook’s Illustrated Complete Book of Poultry
Chicken and Mango Salad with Curry-Lime Dressing Recipe
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp hot red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled pitted, and cut into 1/2 inch dices
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked, cooled, skinned, boned, meat hand-shredded into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bunch arugula, stemmed and washed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cilantro, for garnish
1. Whisk the curry powder, oil, limejuice, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper together in a small bowl; set aside.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients (except the cilantro) in a large bowl. Add the dressing, toss to coat. Serve with a few leafs of cilantro for garnish.