I don’t eat chicken all that often but when I do, this is one of my favorite recipes. It’s the perfect recipe to make when you’re entertaining as it’s easy to make but tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen…my kind of recipe!
*For more healthy living tips and recipes, subscribe to Linda’s blog, follow her on Twitter, or LOVE her on Facebook, or if you are interested in getting started on your own weight loss journey, shoot her an email!
A few more of our favorite chicken dishes:
Chicken with Pistachio Pesto and Sun Dried Tomatoes Recipe
- chicken breasts (I always use organic, free range chicken
- your favorite Italian dressing, as a marinade
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- dash freshly ground black pepper
- sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil
For the Pistachio Pesto:
Place the basil leaves, pistachios, olive oil, and tsp sea salt in a food processor and blend until well combined.
For the Chicken:
1. First marinade the chicken in your favorite Italian dressing for 2-24hrs. I typically put the chicken breast in a glass dish, cover with dressing and a pinch of sea salt and leave in the fridge to marinade overnight.
2. Cook the marinated chicken in a skillet over med-high heat with the marinade. To keep the chicken moist, I included the leftover marinade and add about 1/4 cup of water in the skillet, covered it with a lid, and let cook for about 5-6 minutes.
3. Next, take the cover off and let cook for another few minutes until the liquid evaporates. Once the liquid has evaporated, you can brown the chicken for about 45 sec - 1 min on each side.
4. Top with a layer of pesto and sun dried tomatoes. Viola!