What a combination – the heat from the chili sauce, the sweetness from the mango, and the crunch from all the vegetables make for a texture and flavor explosion. The dressing has a hint of nutty sesame oil and tamari adds a wonderful depth of flavor. Baby bok choy is perfect for this slaw, as the larger variety is not as tender when raw and has a more distinct cabbage flavor. This is a great spin on traditional cole slaw; the Asian influences really shine here. Try this slaw alongside seared scallops, grilled trout burgers, or roasted pork tenderloin. To read about Baby Bok Choy, click here.
For more recipes from Kendall Kish, click here.
Chili-Mango Bok Choy Slaw Recipe
|Calories:||170 per serving|
|Prep Time:||10 minutes|
|Total Time:||10 minutes|
- 3 cups baby bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp. tamari
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine the bok choy, red cabbage, shredded carrots, cilantro, and mango. Toss to combine.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the slaw. Garnish with additional cilantro leaves.