Crudités are one of the simplest, most well-liked party appetizers: a plate of colorful vegetables, served with your favorite dip. Since the dish is so popular—especially during barbeque season—your choice of dip gives you the chance to truly shine as a host. Raw veggies are a given, but what kind of sauce does your family serve with them? Though it’s tempting to buy that ready-made jar of ranch dressing at the super market when you’re picking up your produce, if you just grab a few extra ingredients and spend another five minutes in the kitchen, you can take your crudités from appetizing to downright addictive.
Here, a food processor does nearly all the work. You toss in fresh basil, cilantro, mint, and garlic, and blend together until finely chopped. Then you add thick Greek yogurt, the juice and zest of one lemon, a few glugs of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, and blend again. Just like that—totally done! The fresh herbs make this dip flavorful—and beautiful—and the yogurt base, instead of mayonnaise or sour cream, makes it good for you, too. It’s the perfect center piece for crudités, but also goes great with other dishes, from crab cakes to fish sticks to pita chips.
Cilantro, Basil, and Mint Yogurt Dip Recipe
|Calories:||57 per serving|
|Prep Time:||5 minutes|
|Total Time:||5 minutes|
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 garlic clove , roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper , to taste
1. Put herbs and garlic in food processor and blend until finely chopped.
2. Add yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, and blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Keep in fridge until ready to serve.