The holiday season is officially underway and coffee will not take a back seat to holiday cocktails! Coffee and liquor have become bedfellows and this power couple is gaining popularity very quickly. So today I bring you my top 2 coffee cocktails to warm you and yours!
If you prefer to keep it straightforward, you need not go without a coffee holiday drink. For a clean drink after your holiday meal simply add a shot (ounce) of one my recommended spirits to your delicious cup of coffee:
3) Grand Marnier
Until next week, be well and breathe well!
- 1 1/2 oz Sagatiba Pura Cachaca
- 1/2 oz Dark chocolate liqueur
- 2 1/2 oz Freshly brewed premium black coffee(i.e. Stumptown, Intelligentsia, Blue Bottle, etc)
- 1/2 oz Organic cane simple syrup(dissolve 1 part organic cane sugar in 1 part hot water)
- 2 oz Organic heavy cream
- Seeds from one Tahitian or Madagascar vanilla pod
Scrape the seeds from vanilla pod into cocktail shaker. Add heavy cream and shake vigorously for 20 seconds. Stir all remaining ingredients together in Irish coffee glass. Slowly and gently layer the vanilla cream onto the surface of the drink. Then it's bottoms up!