Even if you aren’t an experienced cook, you can make a delicious brunch for your amazing mom this Sunday.
This recipe gets extra flavor from two kinds of onion, sauteed scallions, which elevate every day scrambled eggs to special holiday meal. Then, spoon the eggs into a warm, whole-grain tortilla. Toasting the tortillas over the open flame softens the tortilla for a delicious, charred flavor.
If your mom every cooked a delicious meal for you, or taught you how to cook, then break out a spatula and a saute pan this weekend in honor of her. Cheers!
Scallion and Roasted Turkey Breakfast Scramble Recipe
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, green and white parts cut into 1/4 inch slices, (reserve a small amount for garnish)
- 4 slices roasted turkey, cut into 1-inch squares
- 12 eggs
- 1 tsp salt, plus to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper, plus to taste
- 4 whole-grain tortillas
1. Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil and heat until shimmering.
2. Add the red onion, scallions, and turkey. Saute until the onions are translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a medium bowl and beat lightly with a fork. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper to the eggs and stir to combine. Add to the eggs and let cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium-low and start to stir lightly with a spatula.
4. Cook until the eggs are scrambled to your taste. About 3 more minutes for creamy eggs, and 5 minutes for hard-scrambled.
5. Toast 4 tortillas over a low open-flame until lightly charred.
6. Spoon the eggs into four warm bowls. Garnish the eggs with extra scallions and serve each dish with a toasted tortilla and extra love for your mom!