I eat a lot of vegetables, and I mean a LOT! In fact, you could say my diet is vegetable-centric, meaning it is centered predominantly around vegetables. I do, however, eat animal protein from time to time. One of my favorite sources of high quality animal protein are free-range organic eggs. I typically only eat animal products that I purchase myself from local farms. I do not eat conventional meat/dairy as it is loaded with pesticides, antibiotics and growth hormones. It is also much less nutritious than free-range organic sources.
Tests have found that eggs from hens raised on free pasture (as compared to the official USDA data for factory-farm eggs) contain:
- 1/3 less cholesterol
- 1/4 less saturated fat
- 2/3 more vitamin A
- Two times more omega-3 fatty acids
- Three times more vitamin E
- Seven times more beta carotene
So here is a fabulously delicious recipe using organic, free-range local eggs that is extremely delicious, nutritious and easy to make!
This is such an easy recipe. It’s loaded with healthy, easy to digest protein from the mushrooms & free-range eggs, minerals from the spinach, and tons of vitamins from the tomatoes and other veggies! Super healthy, super delicious, and super easy to make!! You can have it at any time, I’ll often eat my favorite egg dishes for dinner!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and also have fun experimenting with different combinations! As always, if you would like to stay updated on the latest health info, delicious recipes and daily inspiration please subscribe to her blog, follow her on twitter, LOVE her on facebook, or if you’re interested in one-on-one Coaching, shoot her an email!
- 3 free range eggs
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- handful of diced button mushrooms
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 gloves garlic
- 1-2 handfuls of spinach
- organic goat butter
- salt, to taste
- greensof choice (I used fresh arugula)
1. In a pan/skillet over med-high heat heat butter and saute garlic for 1-2 mins. Next add onion and saute until soft, about 3-4mins - I usually add some salt to bring out the flavor of the onion and garlic.
2. Then add green onions, mushrooms and halved grape tomatoes, stir in and let cook for another 4-5mins. Add more salt if needed.
3. Add spinach and cook for about a minuet or so until spinach is wilted then add 3 beaten eggs and scramble until eggs are fully cooked.
4. Serve with sliced avocado and any green of your choice. I used some delicious arugula I had on hand from the Farmer's Market. Mmmmmm, the combination is so, sooooo good!