Flank steak is what cooks and chefs love the most. When you cook it medium-rare, it’s perfect. A beautiful marbled meat, it’s also one of the best values for your money. For a quick meal, just grill it for three minutes on each side. In a word: mouthwatering. (If your store doesn’t stock flank steak, you can substitute hangar steak instead, which is similar in texture and flavor.)
Flank Steak with Rosemary Recipe
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 2 tsp. Sriracha
- 2 jalapeños, cut in half lengthwise
- 1½ tbsp.coarsely ground black pepper
- 1½ tsp.kosher salt
- One 2¼ lb flank steak
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, olive oil, honey, mustard, garlic, rosemary, Sriracha, jalapeños, salt, and pepper.
2. Transfer the mixture to a 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Add the steak and turn to coat. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours, turning occasionally.
3. Prepare the grill and set heat to medium-high heat or preheat the broiler. Remove the meat from marinade; discard marinade. Grill steak to desired doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
4. Transfer the steak to a clean work surface. Let it rest 5 minutes, then cut the steak across the grain into thin strips. Arrange on a platter and serve with a green salad.