This morning, instead of my usual yogurt and fruit, I craved some combination of eggs, vegetables, and cheese. I opted for asparagus, which I love but don’t use often. Honestly, I forget about asparagus. I saw it in the market yesterday and we had a beautiful reunion. It goes wonderfully with eggs, and I love the way the stalks keep their slight crunchiness when sauteed.
This recipe took me all of 10 minutes to make, so it’s quick, but it’s also delicious and healthy. Plus, it’s a little more exciting than the usual scrambled eggs and toast.
- 2 eggs
- 5 asparagus stalks, rinsed and chopped
- 1 small white onion, diced
- handful of crumbled feta cheese
- olive oil
- sea salt- not too much since feta is already very salty
1. Lightly coat a pan in olive oil and saute the onion until it is slightly transparent, then add the chopped asparagus and saute until they are soft.
2. In a separate pan lightly coated with olive oil, break the two eggs and let them cook on one side, then flip. (Cook according to how runny or solid you like your eggs.)
3. Once the onion and asparagus mixture has cooked and your eggs are ready to go, combine on a plate, the asparagus under the eggs, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and the feta cheese, and enjoy!