Sugar Cookies. Chocolate Chip Cookies. Peanut Butter Cookies. Hazelnut Cookies. Gingerbread Cookies. We can’t get enough of any of them, but we thought we’d try some different flavors for this round of baking: almond, cardamom, and chickpea flour.
Subbing conventional flour for chickpea flour, this almond cookie recipe is not only simple and delicious but friendly for those on gluten-free diets. High in protein, chickpea flour can generally be found in speciality stores, as it’s a staple in Indian cooking. (It can even be an egg replacer in vegan recipes when mixed with equal parts water.)
Adapted from Yummly
Gluten-Free Almond-Cardamom Cookies Recipe
|Calories:||60 per serving|
|Prep Time:||10 mins|
|Cook Time:||10-15 mins|
|Total Time:||20-25 mins|
- 1 cup almonds, finely ground
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp cardamon (an optional substitute is cinnamon)
1. Preheat the over to 350 degrees F.
2. Soften the butter and combine with the sugar. Add the egg yolk and mix until smooth.
3. Add the almonds and chickpea flour and knead until a soft dough forms.
4. Roll into 1-inch balls, placing and flattening on cookie sheet.
5. Bake 10-16 minutes, checking frequently to ensure the cookies do not burn.
6. Let cool on a wire rack before serving.