Maybe I am slow to catch on, but my new favorite baking ingredient is almond meal, also known as almond flour. I don’t have a gluten allergy, but I love baking with it as an alternative to flour because then everyone can afford to indulge in a sweet treat.
I find that baking with almond flour yields lighter results, and adds a bit of protein and texture to boot. This recipe is a take on the classic, but made a little healthier. Obviously, glass of cold milk required.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
|Prep Time:||10 mins|
|Cook Time:||10 mins|
|Total Time:||20 mins|
- 2 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey or agave nectar or brown sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together until they are well incorporated.
2. Form 1-inch balls of cookie dough and press onto a parchment paper-covered baking sheet.
3. Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes, then cool and serve!