Happy President’s Day! Not only is today President’s Day but it’s also Meatless Monday, so while you’re resting at home why not celebrate it a festive dip to set the mood? Whether you’re celebrating today alone or by hosting a gathering for friends, this Grilled Corn and Mango Guacamole is reason to celebrate enough.
The grilled corn and mango add incredible sweetness to this spicy guacamole. Pair it with tortilla or veggie chips for the ultimate afternoon snack.
For the best basic Grilled Corn recipe, check out Food Republic’s recipe here.
- 3 large ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 ears corn, grilled and kernels removed
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 ripe tomato, diced
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled, flesh cut from the pit and diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Coarsely mash the avocado with a large fork or potato masher in a large bowl.
Add the corn, onion, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, serrano chile, and mango and mix well.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with tortilla or veggie chips.