Here’s a great wing recipe for game night! The sauce on these wings has a flavorful kick. The best presentation for this dish is to make a bed of radishes and celery to help cut through the dense flavor of the Hot Wings, and then pile the wings high on a platter. After that, it’s every man and woman for themselves.
- 10-12 wings
- Marinade (see below)
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- sliced radishes
- celery stalks
- celery leaves
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
- 3 bunches cilantro
- 10 curry leaves
- 2 poblano peppers
- 4 ounces distilled vinegar
- 1 pound Greek yogurt
- one 16-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 ounces garlic confit
- 4 ounces mango powder
- 6 ounces madras curry powder
- 2 ounces turmeric
- 1 tablespoon aleppo
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup red miso
For Hot Wings:
1. Divide the marinade into two bowls. Reserve one bowl for later use.
2. Marinate the wings in half of the marinade for one hour. Heat 2 inches of oil to 250 degrees and cook the wings for 10 minutes, turning as necessary to ensure the wings are evenly cooked.
3. Remove the wings from the oil (reserve the oil), then coat in the same marinade used before. Refrigerate the wings for one hour.
4. Combine the rice flour and all-purpose flour, then gently roll the wings in the mixture. Tap the wings gently to get rid of excess coating.
5. Heat the oil to 400 degrees and fry until crisp.
6. Remove the wings from the oil and add the reserved second bowl of the marinade to the wings while they are still hot.
7. Lay down the slices of radish, and celery leaves and stalks, then lay the wings on top.
1. Blend the grapeseed oil, cilantro, curry leaves, habanero, and vinegar in a food processor.
2. Combine with the remaining ingredients.
For those of you who prefer not to fry foods, try baking these wings instead.
1. Marinade the wings in half of the marinade for one hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
3. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place the wings onto the baking sheet in a single layer.
4. Bake for 45 minutes, flipping the wings halfway through the cooking time.
5. Remove from the oven and add the reserved second half of the marinade to the wings while they're still hot.