These little spring and early summer vegetables add a healthy pizazz to a refreshing buerre blanc over linguine. Low in calories and high in nearly every vitamin, use this superfood to build this pasta dish into a fantastic weeknight dinner.
Linguine with Brussels Sprouts Recipe
|Calories:||500 per serving|
|Prep Time:||10 mins|
|Cook Time:||40 mins|
|Total Time:||50 mins|
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 clove of garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon crème fraiche
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into 16 cubes
- 1 box linguine
- 1 bag Brussels sprouts (about 1/2 pound)
1. In a pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to instructions, preferably to al dente. Meanwhile, trim sprouts of outer leaves and cut into halves.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the lemon juice, wine, and shallots to a boil. Continue boiling the mixture for 3 to 5 minutes, until it reduces and thickens slightly. Add the crème fraiche to the glaze and boil it for an additional 2 minutes.
3. Add the butter, one cube at a time, allowing each piece of butter to fully dissolve before adding the next one. When the last of butter has just melted, remove the pan from the heat and strain out the shallots, if desired.
4. Toss Brussels sprouts in half to two thirds of the buerre blanc. Line a shallow baking pan with foil and place sprouts in pan. Broil sprouts until crisped on top, stirring every so often about 8 minutes.
5. Drain pasta and put back into the pot. Pour enough buerre blanc over linguine to coat, turn the heat on low and sauté for two minutes. Add broiled Brussels sprouts, tossing with pasta and sauté another two minutes. Remove from heat, garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley, serving immediately.