There are several ways to enhance a classic dish. You can change up the spices, substitute sugars, switch out the greens, or…add lobster. Treat yourself to this hearty Lobster Risotto for any occasion. Set the mood and entice your taste buds for the night. You can even heighten the experience by pairing this with your favorite Champagne or Pinot Blanc.
Lobster Risotto Recipe
- 6 cups lobster stock
- meat from two medium-sized lobsters
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions , finely chopped
- 1 zucchini , sliced
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 2 tsp. minced chives
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a medium pot, heat stock to a simmer and hold. In a large, wide saucepan, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat until butter is melted. Add onions and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add zucchini and sauté for another three minutes. Add rice, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add one cup of stock and simmer, stir often until liquid is almost absorbed; repeat until liquid is used and rice is tender; about 20-25 minutes.
3. Stir in lobster meat until heated through, then add chives and ¼ cup of parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with remaining parmesan.