Last year, I challenged myself to prepare more food at home and from scratch. Homemade chai concentrate (see here for recipe), bittersweet Italian hot cocoa (my favorite!), mayonnaise, mustard and vanilla lattes!
Initially the incentive was monetary, the secondary reason quickly became health. When you prepare food at home, you don’t need the unpronounceable compounds we so often find in the ingredients.
To make something at home that you really love can be empowering!
Here is a recipe for homemade vanilla syrup. Your friends, if they have a pulse, will loose their mind over it! Added to your after-dinner coffee, it may steal the show!
Until next week, breathe well and be well!
- Two cups organic whole cane sugar
- Two cups water
- 9-10 Madagascan or Tahitian Gold vanilla pods(split open)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
1. Combine all ingredients in a pot and bring to a rolling boil. Turn heat down and simmer for 10-15 min.
2. Let cool and transfer into bottle with pump or squeeze bottle. Add to any coffee, love is included.