This dish comes complete with a little secret in that it’s actually salad with pasta. This healthy and fresh option for those looking to up their fiber intake is also vegetarian friendly. Topped with feta cheese and almonds, this makes a filling and addictive super salad full of vibrant and nutty flavor.
Photos: Joanne Bruno
Pasta Super Salad Recipe
|Calories:||185 per serving|
- 1 lb pasta, short and chunky shapes are preferred
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch segments
- 2 bunches broccolini
- handful of cilantro , minced
- 2 lemons juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 10 oz arugula
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt GENEROUSLY. Boil pasta according to package instructions. About 30 seconds before the pasta is done, add the asparagus and broccolini to the pot. Cook for the final 30 seconds, drain and blanch with cold water.
2. Toss pasta, asparagus, and broccolini with the lemon juice, olive oil, cilantro, arugula, almonds and feta. Serve.