The Super Bowl is just around the corner, so we’ll be featuring lots of recipes for you to add to your Super Bowl Party menu this year. This week we’re starting off with a fun dessert recipe that everyone will enjoy.
These peanut butter cup cookies not only look great but are the perfect size to pass around while your guests watch the game without having to fuss with bowls or spoons.
Warning: Try not to put these out when guests first get there however, or else they’ll disappear long before half-time!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies Recipe
36-48 miniature peanut butter cups
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Place peanut butter cups in the freezer (there’s no need to unwrap them; just place the whole bag in the freezer) for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flours, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter. Add the sugars and beat until light and fluffy (about 2 – 3 minutes).Â Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Press dough balls into ungreased mini muffin tins, making an indentation in the middle with your thumb.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-11 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a miniature peanut butter cup in the center of each cookie.
- Cool and remove from pan.
For more Super Bowl recipes, follow me on Twitter (@MarcusCooks)