As we welcome spring, we open our arms to all the new, fresh, seasonal produce at the markets. Early spring asparagus is tender and sweet, so it doesn’t need much more then a quick roast in the oven to make it ready to enjoy. Here, it is roasted amongst broccolini, scallions, and garlic. Tossed together with penne, sun-dried tomatoes, and goat cheese – you have a complete meal that is hearty, seasonal, and full of delicious healthy vegetables.
Penne with Roasted Asparagus, Broccolini, and Goat Cheese Recipe
|Calories:||250 per serving|
|Prep Time:||10 min|
|Cook Time:||20 min|
|Total Time:||30 min|
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 3 scallions , white and light green parts
- 1 small jar sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb penne pasta
- salt and pepper , to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut asparagus, broccolini, and scallions into 2 inch pieces and place on a baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until vegetables are tender and starting to brown.
2. Cook the penne according to directions on the box, drain and reserve 2 tblsp of the cooking water. Toss the pasta with the roasted vegetables, water, parmesan cheese, parsley, and sun-dried tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and top the pasta with the crumbled goat cheese.