Looking for a great way to use leeks? Here’s a quick and easy recipe, perfect for fall but still light for the end of summer- a Potato, Leek, and Feta Cheese Galette. This leek, zucchini, and potato galette is ideal for a way to cut your meat intake for a Meatless Monday as well as a fast recipe to make during a busy Monday night. This is a great vegetarian recipe that won’t make you miss meat and the store-bought pie crust cuts just one more step from your busy schedule.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), cut into half-moons
- 2 small zucchini, cut into half-moons
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- kosher salt and white pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta, about 2 ounces
- 2 Red Bliss potatoes (8 ounces), thinly sliced
- 1 store-bought 9-inch piecrust
1. Heat oven to 375º F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks, garlic, zucchini, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the Feta. Add the potatoes and toss to combine.
2. On a piece of parchment paper, roll the piecrust to a 12-inch diameter. Slide the paper onto a baking sheet. Spoon the potato mixture onto the piecrust, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold the edge of the piecrust over the edge of the potato mixture. Bake (covering with foil if the crust gets too dark) until the piecrust is golden brown and the potatoes are tender, 50 to 60 minutes.