Making tiramisu is always such a long process. I mean not only do you have to soak the lady fingers in espresso and spirits, but then you have to make the custard, grate chocolate to no end and put it altogether. But what if I were to tell you this ‘pick me up’ dessert famous throughout Italy could be recreated at your next dinner party in under less than 20 minutes? Well I think you would flock to the grocery store and purchase the 7 simple ingredients you’ll need to get this dessert underway.
The beauty of tiramisu is not just the fact that it’s a dessert that is jam-packed with chocolate, whipped cream and a light fluffy cake, but that the cake is soaked in a mixture of espresso and sweet wine that will give any dessert that extra boost of flavor to make your dinner party a success!
If you like to change the flavors of your dessert use yellow pound cake for a rich, traditional tiramisu flavor or use angel food cake for a light as air feel. Whichever cake you choose to use, just know you’ll fall in love with this treasured Italian dessert in less than 20 minutes.
Melaina is from a small town in Ontario, Canada and as an avid environmentalist with a passion for focusing on healthy living. Having traveled the world and written about it every step of the way, she one day hopes to develop unique environmental educational programs for kids.
Other quick deserts you may enjoy:
Quick & Easy Tiramisu Trifle Recipe
|Calories:||450 per serving|
|Prep Time:||15 mins|
|Total Time:||15 mins|
- 1 8-oz package mascarpone
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp sweet Marsala wine
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup freshly brewed espresso
- 1 cup light whipping cream
- 1 10-oz light pound cake, cut into 1" cubes (10 cups)
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate with crushed espresso beans, grated
1. Combine mascarpone with 1/4 cup Marsala and sugar in medium sized bowl. In a separate bowl, combine remaining Marsala with espresso. With an electric mixer beat whipping cream in a chilled bowl until soft peaks form. Fold cream into mascarpone mixture.
2. Spread 3 cups cake cubes in the bottom of a trifle bowl. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the espresso-Marsala mixture. Top with 1/3rd of mascarpone mixture.
3. Sprinkle with 1/3rd of grated chocolate. Repeat steps 2 and 3, using remaining ingredients and top with grated chocolate. Scoop into bowls and serve to guests.