Red Rooster’s Spicy Lady Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz gin
- 1 oz Jalapeño and Thyme-infused Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- 3/4 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 dashes Peychaud's bitters
- Orange slice, for garnish
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and cut into long strips
- 5 sprigs thyme
To Make Jalapeño and Thyme-infused Simple Syrup:
In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and 1 cup water. Heat over medium-high heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. When the mixture comes to a boil, remove from the heat. Add the jalapea±o and thyme and set aside to steep until cool. Strain the simple syrup into a container with a tightly-fitting lid. Syrup will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
To Make Cocktail:
Combine all the ingredients in a mixing glass filled with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.
Garnish with an orange slice.