The salty bacon and sour cherries add a great element of flavor to these roasted Brussels sprouts.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sour Cherries Recipe
- 8 Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 1/2 tbsp. sour dried cherries
- 1 1/2 tbsp. pecans, lightly crushed
- 2 tsp. honey
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 tsp. soy
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 1/2 tsp. mild chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
1. In a medium pan heat teaspoon olive oil and one teaspoon butter. Add bacon and Brussels sprouts, sautéing for five minutes until brussels are browned. Add in spices, honey and soy. Toss and add in rest of the ingredients.