The cardamom and coriander combined with the caramelized pineapple add a rich dimension to this smoothie.
Roasted Pineapple Smoothie
- 1 pineapple
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar, or to taste
- 1 cup yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
2. Peel and halve the pineapple and core it. Cut one half into 2-inch pieces and puree them in a blender, in batches if necessary. You won’t need any additional liquid but you may need to push the pieces down with a wooden spoon. Turn the blender off before doing this! Pour the blended pineapple into a large jug or pitcher and set it in the refrigerator.
3. Sprinkle the other pineapple half with the spices and roast it in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the surface is lightly browned caramelized. Once the pineapple is roasted, let it cool for 10 minutes, then cut it into chunks. Working in batches, put it in the blender along with the agave nectar and a little of the already pureed pineapple. Blend. Add the yogurt to the blender and blend more. Combine the entire mixture in the pitcher and stir well.
4. If it’s not cold enough for your taste, you can put individual servings in the blender and puree them with a couple of ice cubes. Serve immediately.