by Maame Boakye
- 2 lb Kontomire Chiffonade (substitute with spinach if not available)
- 1 large Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 3 large ripped tomatoes, medium diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp scotch bonnet Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Allepo pepper
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 12oz Palm Oil
- 1/2 cup dried Egusi (Melon) seeds, grounded ( sub with pumpkin seeds in not available)
- 3 large scale of and deboned Tinapa (smoked fish)
- Salt, to taste
1. In a pot, heat half of your palm oil. Sweat your onion, garlic and ginger. On the side mix the 1/2 cup egusi with 1 cup water and let sit.
2. Add your diced tomatoes and scotch bonnet. Simmer until the tomatoes are tender. Season them with the curry, paprika, and Allepo pepper.
3. Add the tinapa and egusi mix. Let simmer for 5 min.
4. Mix in the Kontomire and season with salt, and add the remaining palm oil. Let it simmer on low heat for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. Serve with boiled yam, white rice, Kenkey, boiled green plantain.