I love macaroons. Love them! Hail Mary makes some amazing Vanilla Macaroons that I wanted to try to recreate on my own. Just a warning, these are addictive…majorly, majorly addictive! These are very easy to make and pair excellent with some hot chocolate or tea. I hope you enjoy! These are pretty amazing!
*For more healthy living tips and recipes, subscribe to Linda’s blog, follow her on Twitter, or LOVE her on Facebook, or if you are interested in getting started on your own weight loss journey, shoot her an email!
For more of Linda’s recipes and tips, follow me on Twitter (@MarcusCooks)
- 3.5 cups dry, shredded coconut (1 cup will be used as is, the other 2.5 cups will be made into coconut butter)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp honey, more or less as desired
- 1 squirt Vanilla Stevia
- dash of sea salt
1. First put 2.5 cups shredded coconut into a high speed blender and blend into a paste/butter. I used a VitaMix (a.k.a. best blender on the planet!).
2. Next, add your coconut butter mixture with all the other ingredients in a large bowl until you've created a large sticky "ball". Be sure to taste as you go to make sure you have the desired sweetness.
3. Using the palm of your hands, roll the mixture into small balls and place onto a baking sheet. I always use a SilPatÂ to make sure I get a nice crispy outer layer.
4. Cook on the middle rack of the oven at 350 degrees for about 5-10mins. Just keep checking to make sure your macaroons don't getÂ too brown, the cooking time will vary based on the size of your macaroons.