I’ve had a craving for chicken tortilla soup recently and this simple recipe really hit the spot! Â I made a few adjustments by adding more veggies and omitting the tortilla strips. You can also keep it vegetarian by omitting the chicken and substituting vegetable broth. Either way this soup is tasty, satisfying, and great for weight loss!
Soups are amazing for weight loss. If I’m ever trying to “get back on track,” I’ll always start my day with a green smoothie and turn to a delicious veggie soup for lunch or dinner. Both are excellent, mineral dense sources of nutrition and are easy to digest, leaving you with more energy and vitality. Try it; you will absolutely love the way you feel!
*For more healthy living tips and recipes, subscribe to Linda’s blog, follow her on Twitter, or LOVE her on Facebook, or if you are interested in getting started on your own weight loss journey, shoot her an email!
Spicy Chicken Soup Recipe
|Calories:||150 per serving|
|Prep Time:||20 min|
|Cook Time:||30 min|
|Total Time:||50 min|
- 2 tbsp organic butter
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-4 jalapeños, finely diced
- 6 cups organic chicken broth
- 2 cans (32 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 bag organic frozen corn
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 3-4 limes, juiced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
1. In a large pot over med-high heat, melt the butter. Add onions, garlic, and jalapeños and cook for 2 minutes or until soft.
2. Pour the chicken broth, tomatoes, carrots, corn, and zucchini into the pot and bring to a boil.
3. Lower heat to a simmer and add chicken breasts. Cook the chicken for 20 to 25 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked, remove from pot.
4. When cool enough to handle, shred it and add back to the pot along with lime juice and fresh cilantro. Top with avocado slices and some cilantro as a garnish.