And partly because I’m thinking, “what am I going to do with it before it goes bad?!”
No need to stress about that any more though. This lentil, sweet potato and kale dish is not only super easy to throw together, but it’s delicious. And it’s also a nutritional powerhouse, so from here on out, you can reserve your heart racing for other more rational things.
Spicy Lentils with Sweet Potatoes and Kale Recipe
|Prep Time:||5 mins|
|Cook Time:||45 mins|
|Total Time:||50 mins|
- 1/2 cup green lentils
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic
- 8 oz kale, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
1. Heat the oil in a medium sized pot. Once hot, add the onion and sweet potato and cook until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and kale. Cook, stirring often, until kale wilts.
2. Add the lentils, bay leaf, rosemary, pepper and broth to the pot. Bring to a boil, then lower and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until lentils are tender.
3. Season with salt to taste. Remove the bay leaf, rosemary, and pepper. Serve.