The more colors in your diet, the better. A panoply of colors guarantees that you’re eating diverse nutrients. This salad can double as a meal, or as a colorful and impressive starter for a dinner party. The crispy homemade potato chips punctuate the creamy goat cheese-dressed spinach and arugula leaves. It’s a fresh and delicious way to start your meal!
Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese Vinaigrette Recipe
- 4 Yukon Gold Potatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 cups grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp milk chili powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp goat cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatillos, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 basil leaves, torn into small pieces
1. Rinse the potatoes under cold water until the water runs clear. Pat dry.
2. Heat the grapeseed oil to 350 degrees F in a deep pot. Working in batches to avoid overcrowding the pot, add the potatoes and fry until golden, about 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to paper towels to drain excess oil. Season with the chili powder and salt.
3. To make the vinaigrette, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a blender with the lemon juice, vinegar, goat cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Arrange the tomatoes and tomatillos in a single layer on a platter and drizzle with half the vinaigrette.
5. Toss the arugula, spinach, and basil with the remaining vinaigrette in a large bowl. Add the potato slices and toss to combine. Mound over the tomatoes and tomatillos. Season with salt and pepper.