The combo of grape tomatoes and rice vinegar add sweetness to this bright, vegetarian side.
Stir-Fry Collards and Tomatoes Recipe
|Calories:||60 per serving|
|Prep Time:||15 mins|
|Cook Time:||12 mins|
|Total Time:||27 mins|
- 3 large bunches collard greens, cleaned and stems discarded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half diagonally
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
1. Put the greens in a large colander and rinse in cold water. Shake off the excess water and set the greens aside. Do not dry.
2. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the garlic and cook 2 more minutes, stirring constantly. Do not brown.
3. Add the greens. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly and bringing the onion mixture over the greens. The greens should just begin to soften a little.
4. Add the tomatoes, salt and cayenne. Stir and cook until the greens are tender but still firm, 3-4 more minutes. Remove from heat and drizzle with vinegar. Stir and serve.