A more grown-up juice punch, sangria has quickly become a favorite summer drink for a lot of diners. There are a lot of different variations on the classic drink, like this Super Summer recipe, or the delicious Rooster Punch, which are both unique takes on this popular Spanish cocktail.
This recipe calls for the classic combination of strawberry and rhubarb and puts it into a delicious and strong sangria. This sangria omits any extra sweetening water, instead relying on the rum, lemonade, and fruits for all the sugar you’ll need.
- 1 bottle crisp white wine
- 6 oz rum
- 6 oz lemonade
- 3 to 4 strawberries, chopped into quarters
- 1 or 2 stalks rhubarb, chopped into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 12-oz can club soda or ginger ale
- An extra strawberry and lemon wedge, for garnish
Combine all the ingredients in a large pitcher. Mix well and let sit for 20 to 30 minutes for flavors to fuse together.
Garnish with a strawberry and lemon wedge and serve.