Folding leftover stuffing into freshly made mac-n-cheese isn’t for the faint of heart. But it’s definitely an easy and fun way to use up what’s left. Serve with a side salad and plenty of fresh vegetables to offset the richness of this dish.
Stuffed Mac-n-Cheese Recipe
|Calories:||390 per serving|
|Prep Time:||10 minutes|
|Cook Time:||20 minutes|
|Total Time:||30 minutes|
- 1 cup leftover stuffing
- 1½ cups pasta shells or macaroni
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp white or yellow cheddar cheese
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp fontina cheese
- ½ cup + 2 tbspparmesan or gruyere cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Bring a pasta pot of water to a boil, then season generously with salt. Add pasta shells or macaroni and cook for suggested time (usually around 10 minutes). Test to make sure pasta is al dente.
2. Strain pasta and return to pot. Mix in butter and cheeses until melted. Next add 1 cup of stuffing and transfer to casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese and put into the oven until top is slightly browned and bubbling.
3. Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve.