The weather is getting warmer and what better way to enjoy it than with a refreshing smoothie?
Here’s a recent favorite that’s fast, easy, kid-tested, and a crowd pleaser.
Yields: one hearty portions or double the recipe, pour into plastic glasses and freeze, and pull out of the freezer as needed over the next few days to save time.
Naturally gluten free and vegan (provided the yogurt and milk used is coconut, nut, or soy-based)
Blend this up and pretend you’re on vacation even if you’re not.
- 1 medium banana(previously frozen is ideal but not essential)
- 1/3 cup pineapple(I used canned, crushed pineapple but fresh would be great)
- 1/4 cup yogurt(I used peach passion fruit)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract(or almond extract)
- 1/4 cup milk(nut milk, vanilla flavored nut milk, soy milk, milk, cream)
- 6 ice cubes(use your judgment)
- 1/3 cup additional fruit(such as strawberries, mango, peaches, plums, nectarines, papaya, honeydew, cantaloupe, etc.)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup nuts or seeds(almonds, cashews, sunflower, pumpkin, etc.)
- 1 scoop protein powder(neutral or vanilla flavor recommended)
- sweetener, to taste (such as honey, agave, sugar, stevia, vanilla NuNaturals stevia drops)
- 1 oz rum(dark rum, light rum, Malibu)
Blend everything in Vita-Mix, Magic Bullet, or blender until smooth.