Spice up everyone’s favorite part of the meal….the sides! For a new take on the classic, try my recipe for Corn Mashed Potatoes.
Corn Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled
- 2 medium baking potatoes, peeled
- 6 ears corn, shucked
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Combine the sweet potato and baking potatoes in a large pot, add water to cover, and bring to a boil. Boil until tender, about 30 minutes. Five minutes before the potatoes are done, add the corn.
2. Drain the potatoes and corn and transfer the potatoes to a large bowl. Set the corn aside to cool slightly, and mash the potatoes with a fork. Cut the corn kernels from the cobs, and fold into the potatoes.
3. Combine the coconut milk, olive oil, and spiced butter in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir the flavored coconut milk into the mashed potatoes, then add the garam masala and salt and mix well.