Tom Douglas is a man on fire (figuratively) in the world of cooking–he won the coveted James Beard Award this year for Best Restauranteur, battled (and defeated) culinary giants on Iron Chef America and has a plethora of restaurants in Seattle that draw loyal patrons from all across the country.
We excitedly anticipate Marcus’ arrival for his Yes, Chef stop in the Emerald City as he prepares to join Tom for a special guest chef dinner at the Palace Ballroom. If you can’t join these two masters of the kitchen in person, you can toast to them in spirit with Tom’s recipe for a Basil Kamikaze. Dive head first into this refreshing summer cocktail.
For an indulgent dessert pairing, try out this easy No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe.
Photo courtesy of Tom Douglas
Tom Douglas Basil Kamikaze Cocktail
|Calories:||130 per serving|
|Prep Time:||10 mins|
|Total Time:||10 mins|
- 1 small sprig Thai basil, or substitute regular basil
- 3/4 ounce vodka
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 1/2 lime, cut into 4 wedges
1. Pick the Thai basil leaves from the stem and set 1 leaf aside for garnish.
2. Chill a martini glass.
3. In a mixing glass, half filled with crushed ice or broken up cubes, muddle the
vodka, triple sec, and lime with a bar stick. Add the basil leaves and bruise.
4. Strain into the chilled martini glass and garnish with the remaining basil leaf.