Greek yogurt is hailed for its richness and low caloric count. One cup of the nonfat variety has only 130 calories, and while it’s packed with protein, it makes a great choice for breakfast with Rhubarb Compote or homemade granola. A dollop on top of pecan pie or folded into a fruit salad offers a tangy richness and is much healthier than sour cream. This recipe comes from David Lebovitz’s cookbook, The Perfect Scoop, allows the perfect opportunity to try Greek yogurt out in frozen form. And it is truly delicious. The frozen yogurt is extremely creamy and it tastes great with just about any ice cream topping you can imagine. Bye bye expensive frozen yogurt shops, hello homemade!
Satisfy your sweet tooth all the time with these easy recipes:
Vanilla Frozen Yogurt Recipe
|Calories:||130 per serving|
|Prep Time:||5 mins|
|Cook Time:||1 hour|
|Total Time:||1 hour 5 mins|
- Makes about 1 quart (1 liter)
- 3 cups (720 g) plain Greek yogurt (either whole-milk, lowfat, or nonfat)
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Mix together the yogurt, sugar, and vanilla. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.