When we think of a holiday fruits, cranberries are usually the first that come to mind. But aside from the traditional cranberry sauce used alongside the turkey on Thanksgiving, the sweet, tart flavor of cranberries make it a perfect dessert addition.
Yet, if you’re worried about packing on the pounds with all the holiday eating, fear not- we’ve got a healthier version of one of everyone’s beloved desserts- cheesecake. This vegan cheesecake is made from tofu and soy milk which give it a creamy texture that won’t have you missing out on the real thing.
The added cranberry glaze is the perfect sweet topping to add to our vegan cheesecake that brings in the winter flavors without overindulging on an overly sweet and decadent dessert. This is the ideal dessert to bring over for the holidays, or even just as a sweet, yet healthier, pick-me-up this weekend.
For another great weekend pick-me-up, check out our Cranberry Antioxidant Punch.
Vegan Cheesecake with Cranberry Glaze Recipe
Adapted from Allrecipes
1 (12 ounce) package soft tofu
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3/4 cup cranberries
2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a blender, combine the tofu, soy milk, sugar, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Blend until smooth and pour into greased 9-inch spring form pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool; refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir together sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Add cranberries (washed and stems picked off) and water.
For more recipes, follow me on Twitter (@MarcusCooks)Â