Yesterday I shared the Vegan Super Duper Green Smoothie Recipe, which is not only healthy, but delicious. Don’t be daunted by the green color, it’s actually really tasty and even my husband loved it. If you’re a little nervous about adding greens to your breakfast, try this healthy Five-a-Day smoothie recipe, which includes everything you need to start your day right. Tweak according to taste, and if you’re not a cinnamon lover like me, feel free to omit it.
- 1/4 cucumber
- 6 or 7 strawberries
- 1 apple
- 1 kiwi
- 1 pear
- juice 1 lime
- juice 1/2 orange
- splash water or two ice cubes
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- small pinch ground cinnamon
- 15 drops echinacea, optional and only if you feel you need a boost to your immune system - i did
1. Peel and de-seed the cucumber and cut into small pieces. Wash, hull and chop the strawberries. Peel and chop the kiwi, apple and pear into small pieces.
2. Place all the fruit into a blender and add the lime and orange juice, as well as the water - start with 1 tbsp and go from there, it will depend on how thin/thick you want the smoothie.
3. Blend on a high speed until everything is liquidized. Then add the agave nectar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and echinacea (if you're using it). Blend again and serve immediately.
You could also add a few ice cubes in place of the water if you want your smoothie nice and cool.